Gambling is something that people of all income levels and socio-economic classes do. But some are more “serious” than others: for them, gambling is either a professional career or a very expensive hobby. Such players are called “VIP gamblers” for short and they enjoy many privileges. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the concept of the VIP gambler and talk about what it takes to qualify for this title. If you also think you have what it takes to be a VIP player, you can find the list of the best casinos for you on high-roller-casinos.com.
What is a VIP Player?
VIP is short for “very important person” and is used to describe people who have access to certain privileges. The reason for this privilege can be anything: a politician, a singer, or a famous actor is treated differently as a VIP and is important to any company they do business with.
VIP people also exist in the gambling industry, and it could be because of one of two things:
- Being a professional gambler
- Being a gambler who spends a lot of money
If either of these conditions applies to a gambler, they become a VIP player and gain access to many privileges at the casino where they play. We’ll go into more detail about what these benefits are below, but first, let’s take a closer look at the situations that grant VIP status.
Professional gamblers are people who make their living playing casino games (usually card games). In other words, that’s their job. They are quite famous people and the casino they choose & recommend can make that casino gain a lot of new customers in a short time. What’s more, professional gamblers take people called “whales” who play with big figures wherever they go. Whales are very important to casinos because a single one can spend more in a few hours than hundreds of members pay in a month. For this reason, professional gamblers, whose numbers are quite limited, always receive VIP treatment.
Customers who spend a lot of money
The “whale” we mentioned above is the nickname for players who spend a lot of money, and they get VIP status for the same reason. They are not professional gamblers, and many are even unaware of the basic strategies. Gambling is just a hobby for them, but they can spend an incredible amount of money on this hobby. There are even whales that can spend several million dollars in less than a week. Therefore, it is not surprising that they are also considered VIP customers.
What are the Privileges of VIP Players?
VIP players have many privileges at a casino and most of them are the same in every establishment. Common privileges include:
- A personal account manager. The VIP communicates with the casino through this manager. You can see him as a personal customer representative. The account manager is in charge of making sure the VIP is always happy.
- Higher limits. For understandable reasons, VIP players can deposit and withdraw with much higher limits. Likewise, transaction speeds are much faster: the withdrawal process, which might take a few days for a regular player, only takes a few hours for them.
- Special bonuses. Bigger and better bonuses are offered to VIP members. Their wagering rates are also higher than usual, but for professional gamblers or whales, this is not a problem.
- Private rooms. The casino offers private gaming rooms open only to VIPs. In these rooms, games with very high table limits can be played without any maximum bet limit.
In addition, VIP members are often offered gifts that they can use in the real world. For example, a season ticket for a football team, an all-expenses-paid weekend at a luxury hotel, or perhaps even a state-of-the-art sports car – how big the gift will be depends on how important the VIP really is.